Saturday, August 15, 2009

Counting Down and Checking Off

Here I sit. Less than a week away from Europe. Every time I think about it, I'm slightly overwhelmed by the list of things I need to get done before I leave. I wish I was one of those people who could just throw a few things in a suitcase and be set for life, but I'm a chronic over-packer. I find "just-in-case" items necessary. Half of those items will never be used, and probably end up in the trash, but what if I DO need them? I'll be sitting there thinking "well I really should have bought that extra pack of travel laundry detergent." But then again, I also love doing laundry, or more specifically, clean clothes. So that extra pack will probably be used, maybe. The 50 lb. bag limit seems daunting. 

My family and I just got back from a two week vacation in Wolfeboro, NH. Which is a cute little tourist town which we've visited every year for pretty much my entire life. I took my first steps in Wolfeboro, NH. Anyways, we stayed in house on Lake Wentworth, the weather was great, the water was warm and it was great to catch up with my family. Well the point of that story is that I'm sitting in my room with my two suitcase packed, but not really, because when I don't have to fly (worry about the weight of my suitcase) I just throw everything into one bag.I don't exactly "pack" it. Confession: I didn't even fold some of it. Sue me. So now I'm procrastinating about unpacking it, because I know in a few days, I'm just going to have to pack again. And it's like 90 degrees here, not just 90 degrees but humid too. It's an east coast thing. We don't have "central air" here either. We go old school with box fans. I wish it wasn't so loud when put on the "high" setting. Whatever.

I guess that's the update for now. Just counting down and checking off the list. This time next week... I'll have already been in London for almost 12 hours! Haha, I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself. But seriously! I'll let you know how the packing goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment