Friday, August 21, 2009

I guess this is pretty much it

My bags are packed and in less than 12 hours, God willing, I will be sitting in the London, Heathrow airport. We are expecting thunderstorms this evening and some hurricane or other is in the forecast for the next few days, so I'm just praying that my plane gets off the ground on time!

You guys should be so proud of me! I packed everything in ONE bag!!! One 51 pound bag for the next three months. I am absolutely sure that I am spoiled because there's people out there that could probably live off a ten pound bag of personal items for a year, and yet I just can't part with anything that I put in that bag. My carry-ons consist of a back pack STUFFED with books. I'm confident that it may be heavier than my actual duffel bag. Oh and there's my purse. Which I also stuffed with things. I have just 100 pages of Les Mis left to read, which is fortunate because the book literally broke in half the other day. Hopefully I can get that done on the plane. I'm afraid that I'm forgetting something but I don't think a trip is truly successful unless you forget something at home. Let's just hope it's not something too important.

Passport, check!
Foreign currency, check!
Boarding pass, check!

Next time I post, it will be from London!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS BRITT! I miss you even more now, knowing that you'll be in Europe. At least when we were on the same continent, I could have fasted for a few weeks in order to save enough to see you. But now, I would have to fast for a few months rather than a few weeks, and as much as I want to see you, I don't know if I can pull that off.

    I really, seriously enjoyed reading your blog so far (all of them) because you are an excellent writer and you are very amusing. And all of the above reminds me of suffering through middle school together, as best friends. And ultimately, this makes me miss you THAT much more.

    I kind of wish this "comment" was private (maybe it is??) because I need you to know that I miss you SO much right now, that I am literally in tears. I am just saying, when you come back, I am truly going to plan a trip to see you. Before we graduate I will have visited you in San Diego. That is a HUGE hope of mine. And I regret that I haven't done it yet. And I regret that I have been a terrible friend and have not kept better in touch. Or in touch at all for that matter.

    But enough blubbering, I just want you to know that (as corny as this sounds) I think you are awesome, and (figures, that this sudden need occurs when you are on you way to Europe) I want to be friends again. As in I want to stay in touch and show you that I do still care about you, and now that you'll be far, far away, worry about you. Haha I am already worried, seeing as you are flying overseas.

    Guess what? I still use your jean-covered shoe-box. :) It is in my closet right now, on the ONE shelf in there, meaning it isn't buried under all my crao, and meaning I use it often. :)


    I MISS YOU BRITTNEY TRUE SWINDELLS, and I look forward to reading your blog while you are away, maybe even skype if we can??

    I wish you the best, I am praying for strength and wisdom for you, and I'm sure you'll have a blast!

    Love you, miss you...and be good? haha

    p.s. this blog page is very cute, and very much you

    -Maya (Myders Munders)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best title for a blog.
    Now start updating! :)

    ReplyDelete